Welcome and Orientation at Wantirna
Step 2: Tell us what you're studying
Check below to see when your Welcome and Briefing session will be held.
You must attend the Welcome and Briefing session along with your course specific orientation (see University-wide orientation in Step 3) run by your enrolling faculty or school.
Certificate IV, Diploma & Advanced Diploma
Registrations for semester 1 have now closed.
Semester 2 dates to be advised
PDF version of the Wantirna Campus map
Step 3: Commencement information
Why go to the Welcome and Briefing session?
- Find out what to expect from your course and get an insight into Swinburne student life.
- Meet people from all over the world, on the campus tour, or sitting next to you.
- Learn what to expect from your studies and what is expected of you.
- Find out about the free services and clubs available to you as a Swinburne Student.
- Ask as many questions as you like about your timetable, enrolment, housing or anything else you may need to sort out before classes begin.
What do I need to bring to the Welcome and Orientation sessions?
When you come to the International Student Welcome, you will need to bring:
- Enrolment Online Submission Summary (for students that completed EOL only, if you did not print this previously, you can login here and print)
- Letter of Offer from Swinburne
If you are an ELICOS student, please also ensure you bring the following items:
- Current address in Australia
- Previous address overseas (if applicable)
- Emergency contact in Australia (name and telephone number)
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE)
You would have received information about enrolment when you accepted your offer.
All students are required to complete their enrolment online (EOL).
Enrolment Online (EOL)
Once you have received notice to enrol online, please visit our website to complete your enrolment. It is recommended that you enrol online prior to arriving in Australia in order to streamline your enrolment. If however, you are unable to enrol online from your home country, EOL rooms will be set up at Hawthorn campus for students to enrol online during orientation week.
Online induction quiz
An online induction quiz is incorporated into your enrolment online process. The quiz provides you with information about your rights and responsibilities as an international student in Australia. It also advises you about free on-campus services, health and safety information and reminders about your student visa conditions. This is a great tool to refer to during your studies. The quiz is compulsory for all students
All students are required to attend the International Student Welcome and briefing sessions on-campus (see dates above).
Were you unable to enrol online?
Students are required to enrol online (EOL), however, if you have not been able to do so, you will need to attend face to face registration sessions. The dates of these sessions are listed above. It is very important to bring the documents listed below, or you may not be able to continue with your enrolment.
When you come to the registration session, you will need to bring:
- Passport (original)
- A photocopy of the photo page and the visa page of your passport and/or e-visa
- Letter of Offer from Swinburne
- Original or certified copies of transcripts from your previous course/s and a copy of your previous syllabus (if you are seeking exemptions)
- Any other documentation to satisfy the conditions of your Letter of Offer (e.g. IELTS test score sheet).
Please note: You must also complete the online induction quiz as part of your enrolment before you attend the registration session. The quiz is compulsory for all students.
|Accept your offer||Enrol Online|
|Before 5pm (EST), Wednesday 27 February||Until 5pm (EST), Thursday 28 February|
|After 5pm (EST), Wednesday 27 February||Enrol face-to-face|
Swinburne runs a week of orientation activities for all students. There will also be sessions specific to your course to help you get started.
'O Week' is your chance to meet other students (local and international) while taking part in fun activities, making the most of free food and enjoying up the entertainment.
You can find out more at the International Student Welcome and on Swinburne's Orientation website.
Extra help and support
For general queries about enrolment, subjects or assistance using Enrolment Online, contact the Enrolment Help Desk during business hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm).
- Phone (within Australia): 1300 368 777 (Press menu option 1)
- Phone (outside Australia): +61 3 9214 8444
- Send an online enquiry
- Go to the Enrolment Online Website for more information
During Orientation week, you are welcome to drop in for a chat with one of our International Student Advisers to address any questions you may have missed as you settle in to life at Swinburne and in Melbourne.