Master of Information Technology Business Analysis
- This course is not available to local students.
Am I a You are a local student if:
you are an Australian citizen, or
you are a New Zealand citizen (excluding TAFE courses), or
you are an Australian permanent resident.
You are an international student if:
you are not an Australian citizen, and
you are not a New Zealand citizen (excluding TAFE courses), and
you are not an Australian permanent resident.local or an international student?
- This information is for international students.
Visit our Meet Us page to see when we are visiting your home country (or here in Australia).
|Campus and intakes|
|Fees*||A$24,850 (annual for 2013)*|
- Graduate Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis
- Master of Technology (Information Technology)
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Systems Management
- Master of Information Technology (Professional Computing)
- Master of Technology (Business Systems) (Online)
- Graduate Diploma of Finance and Banking
- Master of Professional Accounting (Graduate Entry)
Course in detail
Students studying part-time should refer to the general timetable for unit availability. Please note, not all units will be available in the evening in every semester.
Units of study
HIT6405 Requirements, Analysis and Modelling
HIT8405 Business Process Modelling
HIT7412 Business Information Systems Analysis
HIT8410 Systems Acquisition and Implementation Management
HIT8467 Enterprise Architecture, Strategy & Governance
HIT8440 Advanced Business Analysis
HIT8441 Business Analysis Practice
Students complete one unit from each of the following groups (four in total), according to the following rules below.
HIT5401 Introduction to Business Information Systems or
HIT8424 Information Systems Management or
HIT8036 Business Information Systems for a Rapidly Changing World
HBC606 Accounting Principles or
HBC608 Business Modelling and Analysis
HIT7407 Information Systems Project Management or HIT8060 Systems Project Management
Business Analysis - Project option
HIT8442 Business Analysis Internship Project subject to meeting pre-requisite requirements or
HIT8416 Industry Project (Analytical)
Business Analysis electives Students must choose four from the electives below:
HBC608 Business Modelling and Analysis
HBF630 Sustainability, Risk and Corporate Responsibility
HBC746N Advanced Financial Information Systems
HIT6416 Enterprise Systems
HIT8434 Global ICT Practice
HIT8408 Information Systems Risk and Security
HIT8413 Business Intelligence
On this page: aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
- Demonstrate understanding and competence in key domains of business analysis (e.g. as exemplified in the BABOK2 and the AIBA Development Framework)
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to the analysis of complex problems and to the definition of appropriate solutions to those problems
- Communicate and develop effective working relationships with key business and technology stakeholders to identify business and information requirements from which to articulate appropriate solutions to a given problem situation
- Apply appropriate enterprise architectural design, systems solutions, and governance methods to develop business and technology solutions to improve performance of key business processes and deliver value to key business stakeholders
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the social, political and cultural contexts in which the key stakeholders interact
English language requirements
Swinburne College English for Academic Purposes Certificate: EAP 5 Advanced: 70%; OR, obtaining a minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0; OR, a TOEFL (Paper-based) minimum score of 550 (with Test of Written English (TWE) score of 5); OR, a TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum score of 79, with no individual band below 18. Refer to the English Language Requirements website for further information.
How to apply
Apply for this course by following the step-by-step process on our How to Apply page.
Course fees*A$24,850 (annual for 2013)
A range of scholarships is available to international students, visit our Scholarships Page for details.