Cognition and Human Performance
2014 unit code: PSY20006 (formerly LSY200)
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||36 hours over the teaching period (normally 3 hours per week)|
Aims and objectives
- Understand the evolution of contemporary cognitive psychology.
- Describe the major theories of human perception, attention, memory, reasoning, language and learning.
- Describe a range of methodologies used in contemporary cognitive psychology, including neuroscience and cognitive science approaches.
- Appreciate how theories and principles of cognitive psychology are used in everyday life.
- Read and understand contemporary research articles published by leading cognitive psychologists.
- Analyse and present findings from cognitive research in an appropriate manner.
Units will be taught in a variety of modes including face to face, online, distance and blended modes. Delivery of this unit may be through a mixture of lectures, tutorials, laboratories, seminars and online.
Generic skills outcomes
This unit will provide discipline-based knowledge and professional capabilities and experiences contributing to students progress in attaining generic skills such as:
• Analysis and problem solving skills
• Communication skills
• Report writing
• Ability to work independently