2014 unit code: ORG60001 (formerly HBO480)
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
One teaching period
|Contact hours||36 hours|
Aims and objectives
1. Demonstrate deep knowledge of the reciprocal interpersonal dynamics which involve self and others.
2. Demonstrate deep awareness of the responses triggered by the anxiety associated with complex and ‘wicked’ problems.
3. Apply problem solving to explain how groups function and how you and others influence that functioning in conscious and unconscious ways.
4. Reflect on and take responsibility for learning and self-management to improve your leadership capability.
AssessmentReflective Personal Diary (Individual) 40 - 60%
Project (Group) 30 - 40%
Commitment Briefing Note (Individual) 5 - 15%
Generic skills outcomes
- Leadership: Interdependence, Engaging with Ambiguity and Paradox; Effective action and influence;
- Entrepreneurship: Opportunity Evaluation
- Lifelong Learning: Action Learning, Team-based learning; feedback.
- Understanding the leadership choice
- Performing in multi-functional/cultural teams
- Group development and decision making; awareness of group and inter-group processes as they occur (both conscious and unconscious)
- Reflective practice: observing, generalising and applying learning to organisational settings
- Systemic thinking: an introduction to organisation dynamics
- The process of opportunity evaluation
- Relevance of Self and other awareness, psychological presence and teamwork for entrepreneurs