Strategic and Entrepreneurial Marketing
2014 unit code: MKT60006 (formerly HBM480)
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
One teaching period
|Contact hours||36 hours|
Aims and objectives
1. Critically evaluate the information required in order to prepare a marketing brief for a functional specialism articulating clearly the purpose for which the information is required.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking & apply knowledge to address complex issues for a range of audiences.
3. Integrate marketing insights into the development of plans within their own functional speciality.
4. Critically review the segments being targeted by their organisation and the value proposition offered to each segment, making recommendations for change to increase impact.
Assignment Part 2 (Individual) 20-30%
Examination (Individual) 40-60%
Generic skills outcomes
- Leadership: Interdependence, engaging with Action and Influence, Effective Action and Influence.
- Global Focus: Globalised business perspectives
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Corporate Enterprise Creation
- Strategy: Strategic and Sustainable Marketing
- Financial Competence: Allocation of Financial Resources
- Ethical and Social Responsibility: Sustainability and Triple bottom line focus
- Lifelong Learning: Learning from novel experience, source and evaluate conceptual frameworks; team-based learning
- Strategic Marketing
- Marketing Planning
- Markets and Buyer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Product Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- Distribution Strategy
- Marketing Communications
- Ethics and Legal compliance
- Sustainable Competitive Advantage